Breakthrough performance is within reach of your organization. By aligning strategic planning and process management, you will enable your organization to:
Aligning Strategy & Process: The Key To Long-Term Profitability and Success You'll Benefit Most From This Seminar If You Are A... Seminar Outline What You Will Learn
"Without doubt. . . .processes are the source of firm-specific special competence that makes the competitive difference."
--Peter G.W. Keen
The Process Edge
The "Quality Revolution" of the 1980s and "Reengineering Revolution" of the 1990s produced many notable success stories. Dramatic improvements in productivity, speed and quality were reported at Florida Power & Light, Mutual Benefit and several Baldrige-Award-winning companies.
Unfortunately, many of these companies were losing customers, market share and profits within a few months or years of their apparent triumphs.
What went wrong?
Peter Keen calls it the "Process Paradox." A companys business condition can falter even as process redesign efforts reduce costs and raise quality. This is because improving operational effectiveness --while vital-- usually does not impact your position in the market. "Few companies have competed successfully on the basis of operational effectiveness over an extended period of time," according to Michael Porter.
Help Your Company Realize The Real, Long-Term Benefits of Process Reengineering and Process Management
Some of the biggest losers of the "Reengineering Revolution" arent the companies that failed. They are the companies that made dramatic operational improvements without impacting their competitive position or, worse, companies that created new capabilities that they failed to leverage for strategic advantage.
To leverage process excellence your company must:
- Align process planning/management with strategic planning
- Build core processes into competitive strengths
- Develop strategies to capitalize on these competitive capabilities
By linking strategy and process, your company can convert operational process excellence into distinct strategic advantages that yield a lasting competitive edge. Thats where this important seminar comes in.
You will learn a structured and proven methods for developing effective strategic plans, evaluating the impact of process performance on strategic objectives, and creating operational plans that will yield process excellence and a sustainable competitive edge.
We truly believe Linking Strategy & Process will provide knowledge, skills and insights you can use to dramatically improve your organizations short-term performance and long-term competitive position. Act now! Enroll a team of key leaders today.
The skills delivered in this seminar can be applied in manufacturing, service, utility, health care and public sector organizations.
"For the first time, [senior managers] are reshaping business and work processes to align them with strategy while making them more customer-oriented and efficient."
Chairman and CEO
- The traditional approach to strategy and process
- Building a sustainable competitive advantage in todays business environment
- Strategy & Process: A two-way relationship
II. Building a Process-Focused Strategy
- Process & Strategy
- Your mission
- Understanding the business environment
- Identifying opportunities to increase market share and fulfill the corporate mission
- Identifying core processes and strategic capabilities
- Analyzing the impact of process excellence on strategy opportunities
- Selecting a strategy that best capitalizes on your distinctive process capabilities and unique value chain
III. Implementing Strategy Through Process Management
- Strategize & Process
- Devising operational plans that will achieve strategic objectives
- Catchball: Getting buy-in from operational leaders
- Linking cross-functional process measures to strategic objectives
- Gaining alignment and commitment
- Executing strategy through process management
IV. Sustaining the Competitive Edge
- Managing the process life cycle
- Maintaining the link between process and strategy