Teams are the common thread for all contemporary process improvement and problem solving strategies. But teamwork does not guarantee team performance...
You Will Learn How To How To Manage A Process Improvement Project That Delivers Dramatic Results You Will Benefit Most From This Seminar If You Are A... What You Will Learn
- Organize a process improvement, reengineering or problem-solving team
- Integrate process improvement (process maps, root cause analysis) and project management (GANTT, CPM and PERT) techniques
- Define your "as is" process and identify performance gaps
- Work as a team to analyze gaps and develop solutions
- Create a project plan and timeline
- Implement a successful solution
- Document the results and maintain new performance levels
It's true in manufacturing, service, health care and government organizations. The project team is the building block of process improvement, reengineering and problem-solving success. Why? Because todays complex business challenges cannot be resolved by traditional hierarchical organizations. Team-based projects enable individuals from different departments to step out of their day-to-day work environment and focus on the issues that impact cross-functional process performance.
However, successful project teams dont just happen. Team members must have three types of skills to be effective:
The first is self-evident. Your teams should be made up of people who can function effectively in a collaborative environment. It is the problem-solving and project management skills that are lacking in most individuals.
Gain the skills you need to become an effective leader or member of a project team
Managing Process Improvement Projects will teach you how your project team can integrate process analysis and project management techniques to analyze a problem, create improvements, and implement solutions.
You Will Learn How To:
- Launch a Project Team
Define a project and select team members.
- Devise a Project Game Plan
Create plans and timelines.
- Diagnose the Problem or Opportunity
Analyze processes and root causes.
- Implement a Successful Solution
On time and with dramatic results.
This seminar delivers proven tools and techniques you and your team can put to use immediately. Act now. Enroll your project team leaders and members today!
II. Integrating Teams into the Organization
- How project teams "fit in"
- What makes teams fail
- What makes teams succeed
- Roles and responsibilities
- The importance of project management
III. Launching a Project Team
- Selecting a project
- Selecting team members
- Covering all the bases: The 7-Step Method
- Devising a game plan
- Creating the project plan
- Creating project timelines
- Case study
IV. Creating and Implementing Solutions
- Defining the current situation
- process mapping concepts
- Identifying gaps in performance level
- Root cause analysis
- Planning for solutions
- Documentation of results
- Maintaining the gains
- Case Study
V. Transforming Classroom to Reality
- Making it happen
- Changing an organization through better project management
Managing Process Improvement Projects is ideal for your entire process improvement, reengineering or problem-solving team. Or you can enroll a "team" of team leaders. Inquire about our group discounts.